Throughout Northwest Indiana, homeowners have been trusting J & B West Roofing and Construction with all their roofing needs since 2007. In that time, we have developed a reputation for honesty and integrity that is unmatched in our industry. We strive to deliver excellent value for our customers located in South Bend, Michigan City, Porter County & beyond, and one of the ways we do that is by suggesting additional work or features that can improve the appearance, comfort and functionality of your home.
Blown or rolled fiberglass insulation can be added to any attic space or wall cavity to provide long-term benefits for your home, including increased comfort and lower utility bills. At J & B West Roofing and Construction, we are happy to help you determine if fiberglass insulation is a good choice for you. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits, or contact our office to request a quote.
Fiberglass Insulation Benefits
Fiberglass insulation has several potential benefits, including:
- Lower utility costs— A well-insulated home keeps cold air out in the winter and hot air and humidity out in the summer. This means your A/C and heater don’t have to work as hard, which keeps your utility costs down.
- A more comfortable home — Likewise, when your heater and A/C are working their best, you’ll feel more comfortable all year round. Heat is evenly distributed instead of going right out through your roofing ventilation system.
- Sound deadening — If you live on a busy street or noisy neighborhood, you’ll notice a difference right away when you increase the insulation in your home.
At J & B West Roofing and Construction, we can assess your home’s needs and match you with the right product for your budget.
Fiberglass Insulation Options
Two key things to consider when choosing fiberglass insulation include:
- R-Value — The R-value of an insulation material refers to its effectiveness at stopping heat transfer, with the industry standard being 10″, or R-30. Higher R-values mean greater efficiency, which means a more comfortable home. The Department of Energy recommends 16.5″ or R-49 in our location. Call us today for a free consultation.
- Blown vs. rolled — Blown insulation is affordable and easy to install in any situation, making it a great choice for attics. Rolled insulation, also known as batt insulation, while also a good choice, comes in standard sizes. Call us today to have one of our specialists help pick the right material for you.
About J & B West Roofing and Construction
Rated the #1 contractor in LaPorte County in 2013 and 2015 by readers of the LaPorte Herald Argus, J & B West Roofing and Construction has managed to cultivate an impressive reputation in just a few short years. We’re a family-owned business founded by two brothers who saw the need for a more professional and customer-service oriented roof resource in our region. We have managed to grow in a difficult economy in part because of the positive referrals we have earned from previous satisfied customers.
To learn more about your options for insulation, call our office today!